Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some of my grandkids want to become rich and famous. They just might make it. I don't think they will be doing anything from the middle of the road when they do though. More like from somewhere off the beaten path.

For example, my grandson who is the Lego afficionado also does LegoMotion which involves making an animation video using Legos. (There are some of those videos on YouTube in case you want to see what I am writing about.) I am not sure whether he is responding to a YouTube trend or whether there was some kind of challenge on the box of his latest set of Legos.

Actually he already has one uploaded on Youtube as well. And tonight he made another one. I know what this one was in response to. There is a product out there in drugstores called NeilMed Sinus Rinse. (I didn't make that up. It can actually be found in drugstores near you.)

I will explain what it has to do with being rich and famous here if I can. So the product's manufacturer, Neil, I guess, is sponsoring a contest. Entrants need to make a video about the product and enter it into their contest.

I can only imagine what some of the sinus rinse videos are going to look like. They might be able to be picked up by ???????????????? Anyway, the winner gets $15,000. I don't know where the announcement about the contest can be found in case you are interested in making a video of your own. I searched NeilMed and only came up with a coupon for $9.

Maybe the announcement was on the box of his aunt's latest bottle of NeilMed.

So LegoBoy thinks he will become rich by making a LegoMotion for his contest entry. He thinks he will become famous by getting his grandmother to put a link of it on her blog, and by publishing it here. Of course winning the contest won't hurt his name recognition either. Never mind that if he uploads it to YouTube it is likely to become their intellectual property, and believe me this is intellectual.

Nevertheless, here is his video link, and I will be tallying hits: Neil Med Vid.wmv

If your computer, modem, server, or whatever is experiencing technical difficulties which is likely to be the case, I will describe for you the NeilMed LegoMotion contest entry.

The scene opens and Lego's Indiana Jones character is standing on a green Lego platform. He is artistically placed right of center and in the foreground. There is something like a Tinkertoy in the background, He has a large white “bottle” in one hand and a whip in the other. Indiana Jones (voiceovers by Elliot Michaelson) says, “Hi, I am Indiana Jones and I use NeilMed because it is clinically proven to be more effective.”

Indiana then lifts the bottle to his nose, or somewhere near there, and the voiceover issues a juicy sniff. It could be worse. Indiana moves the bottle away from his noise and the voiceover says, “Ah, I feel better already.” Ostensibly Indiana needs the product after being drug for miles behind a 1940s truck along a dirt road.

At one point Indiana's alter-image with his Fedora and vest appears momentarily in the background—I think to signify that he will be his old self as soon as the sinus wash does its stuff.

I think he should use Darth Vader for his next NeilMed promo. We all know what kind of mess his sinuses are in.

No comments: